Jasmine’s Twitter Expert Connect Assignment!

For my Twitter Expert Connect Assignment I mainly focused on social media and its different parts and jobs such as being a sociologist or a social media manager. I found 10 people on Twitter that were involved in that area and used them as sources for my project. I followed people like @87Retweet because they specifically was focusing on their business as specialists in the food, drink and hospitality industry.

I wanted to know how did their business begin and what was really the starting point to this success. I asked my questions politely by greeting at first, introducing my project, asked the questions and then thanked them in advance. This kind of information could help me in the future if I was to start a social media business company, page or marketing. If not then it’s still really good information to have.

This person not only gave me answers but also directed me towards other sources such as @87Tangerines. Both pages have the same focus and both also followed me back. After getting my responses I tried to keep the conversation going by asking other questions or asking for requests and other sources. @87Tangerines tagged me in a couple posts that involved information that I could use for my assignment. I have gotten a response from 5 different people and one of the 5 individuals even DM me and proposed a website that could help which did.

It was overall a very nice experiment that helped me a lot for my Twitter Expert Connect Project. This assignment could be used in the future in school because I have already learned the process and other project similar to this one will be easier.